...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Sunday, May 25, 2008

11 years married, May 24th


Daniel and celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary yesterday. It was probably the least amount of celebrating we've ever done. Our kids were gone at Aunt Aimee's and Uncle David's house and Daniel's and my plans were gone out the window. We were both sick. We did enjoy sitting around and watching TV and we did end up dragging ourselves out of the house to catch the new Indiana Jones movie (loved it!). The funny thing was, I actually forgot to even buy Daniel an anniversary card! This is soooo unlike me and usually its Daniel who gets in trouble for this one. So I was really in trouble. So to try and hide my mistake, I casually ask Daniel if he wanted to postpone anniversary card exchanges until we could actually go out for a nice dinner date. He looked at me and just started laughing.. he knew I forgot the card! We laughed a while and then he said, "thank you, that was the best anniversary gift ever!". I guess my clever gift to him was a "get out of jail free" card for the next time he forgot to remember!!

So to top off our anniversary weekend, Daniel is headed for the hospital to make sure he's ok. The Dr. said he shouldn't have stomach flu symptoms for 7 days so he had to come in to get an IV and checked out! So please be praying for his quick recovery!

2 comments:

heidi jo said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :) :) :)

We just celebrated 9 years on the 22nd and like you, it was the LEAST celebrated we've ever done... very strange.

Sorry to hear your guy isn't feeling good! Sounds like you might have the same thing going in your house that was in the Brinkman house? I pray for a quick recovery and FREEDOM from the illness for the healthy ones in the house!

Heidi Jo

Time for Treasures said...

Happy Anniversary! and that is really funny, the same card thing happened with me this year! 14 years on May 1st.