...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, May 12, 2008

Sleepless...

I've just been reading some other blogger's postings. Its funny if you look at the time we all spend blogging, usually from 11 to 4am. I guess it's that downtime for moms. I'm not usually a late nighter, but tonight I cannot sleep. I kept thinking it was the nap I stole while all the kids slept today..but I'm wondering now, if God's keeping me up for some reason. So, I ask Him. He hasn't answered quite yet so I'm writing and reading and praying and doing some late night visitng with blogging friends. I have been so encouraged by everyone's little windows into their lives and I'm so enjoying this quite moment at my computer. No one crawling up on my lap to hit the wrong keys or color on the desk. But I have to admit I wouldn't want that to end either. I Cherish those busy moments, even if I relaize it too late to realize how important they are. Its usually when I get my own time, do I miss the crying, jumping, laughing, and even the fighting that seems to go on all day. Isn't it funny how annoyances can be such blessings. Those crazy times when we want to run and hide in our closets, are the times we miss the most when we are alone. Maybe its just me but I tend to do my best and worst in chaos. If it' s a "best" day it usually filled with unplanned chaos, resulting in a messy house, un-showered me and un-bathed kids who ate PB&j's and popcorn for dinner on the living room floor. The worst me tends to creep out on the days I have a plan to accomplish all the perfect mom and wifely duties...not that those things don't need to be done, but I tend to over schedule. In my haste to clean, cook, laundry and teach my children all they need to know, I miss somehow the importance of just "being", just being content with the simple joys of my life. I get so wrapped up in my "to do" lists and how I'm not accomplishing them that I frustrate myself right out of the blessings in front of my face. If I could only find that balance of getting things done and appreciating the chaos. So, here I am just trying to "be", the kitchen is a mess and the there is laundry to fold and that will always be the case, so for now at 12:01am I am just trying to enjoy the simplest things in my life. Better late than never in a day, does this count for tomorrow too since its technically tomorrow? I am reminded by all of the blogs I'm reading how we are all so different in our struggles and yet how we all have them just the same and how our awesome God meets us where we are and continues to bless us even when we don't deserve it. I am so thankful I can't work for that, I'd be a mess of "to-do" lists!

1 comment:

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, you are not alone. This weekend I was thinking how great it was to finally relax on vacation and not worry about a "Baby or toddler".....but after 30 minutes I realized I missed it like crazy and found myself walking to find the boys so that I wouldn't miss out. LOL

I find that the days we are litterly walking over discarded clothes on the floor or shoes everythone has taken off to scrounge through the fridge for "whatever you can find night" is usually one of the better days as well. It means we were all together busy as a family and were just taking time to BE instead of taking precious time to CLEAN and IMPRESS.

All we can do in the crazy moments is take a deep breath and pray that God will sooth our hearts enough to enjoy the many blessing he has given us.