...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Friday, May 30, 2008

Home Schooling and Little House on the Prairie


So, I had this great idea to rent Little House on the Prairie, it was redone by Disney not too long ago. The kids and I watched it over two days and explored all the things their family went through and did. We studied geography while they traveled, we are making corn husk dolls with our home grown corn, and we learned about building a house and Indian beads and headdresses, and how to find syrup in a tree. I thought this was a great two days of learning and the kids really enjoyed it. About a week later Daniel and I were in the backyard and found our big beautiful Eucalyptus tree had huge hammer holes in it and a giant old nail driven right into the tree trunk! Daniel was extremely upset, the boys know they are NOT supposed to harm our trees! When questioned they happily explained they were looking for syrup! But they were very disappointed they had worked really hard to put that nail in and no syrup came out!

Three things, I then learned...

1. Never teach a boy something without expecting them to try it later by themselves!

2. Never think too highly of your ideas when it comes to teaching, somehow it comes back to bite you!

3. It actually was really well done on their part.LOL!

I think the tree will live...

No comments: