...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Cow

Well we are buying a cow, not for milking, not for roping, yep...for eating. Its sad really, he's very cute. The kids have yet to see him and I'm trying to figure how to make the farmer keep him until the butcher arrives. Graham has been wanting a cow for a year now and I'm just not sure how I can bring that thing home and then tell him were going to eat him next month! My parents did this once to a cow we had named and we had to eat Curly burgers for a year!!! Just wanted to catlog this event, since its the first time we are doing this and probably not the last. Its only $2 a pound and its hormone free!

2 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

Yah good luck with that. I remember being at the Rockey's and being told I was eating Chip and Dale (their former pigs). I was so grossed out I couldn't keep eating. :) Hopefully the butcher will keep him.

Ray and Janell said...

yep ... it looks like we're getting a steer to butcher this year, too.