...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dale Evans, my Grammy and me!

I realize Dale Evans, Grammy Rene and myself wouldn't seem to have many historical connections, but you might be surprised!
When I joined the Cowgirls Historical Foundation I was looking forward to riding my horse and getting back into rodeo, but I had no idea the connections I would be making with my family heritage!
The last event I attended I was able to wear a Dale Evans original outfit! Grammy and I had fun with this one! Daniel's grandmother was good friends with Dale Evans and her husband Roy Rodgers. She even attended an awards show with her! She has some memorabilia and cute pictures of all of them together.





My grandmother, Evelyn Morris was famous for her artwork and ability to ride Tennessee walkers in parades and pulling carts in shows. I've been looking forward to to doing a side by side picture of her in one of her outfits and me in mine. But today, I was able to put together one of her original outfits and jewelry to wear to my next event.



In these pictures I'm wearing one of her outfits, the concho belt and turquoise necklace she made and she painted the Phoenix on the back of the vest. The hat and boots are my moms.



1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

That is so fun and would totally make Dale smile!!!!