...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

God can do it, we just have to let Him

There are so many things to be prayerful about right now, I can't even name them all. But mainly I have been hit with worry on all levels and then reminded time and again God's amazing ability to bless me in the midst of trials. I tend to get antsy when I'm stressed, I have to do something, make changes, plan something, and ohh.. how that drives my husband crazy! And me too; as I go along with a whirlwind agenda...trying to cover up other stresses, I wish I could just sit on the couch and be calm and just wait to see what God has for me. But no, I get stressed or worried and here I go, planning everything from parties to play dates, cleaning schedules to grocery trips, you name it it's filling our time. I can't possibly hide from the upcoming stress, because in reality my over scheduling causes more untimely stress...You are probably worn out just in reading this tyranny on over doing it! Thankfully my two closest friends are NOT "doers" and actually say to me, your doing too much! And I have a husband that realizes this outlet of mine and somewhat patiently puts a sudden stop on all activities. I am thankful for this because I can go on for days and not realize it. I guess this confession comes after a stint of overdoing things and as I'm now coming off it, I realize how much better I feel to just relax and let God do what he was going to do anyways. I'm like standing on a sports field trying to play the game, I just keep forgetting the rules, so our team can't score, cause I'm blocking for the opposing team...

I'm guessing we all have our coping mechanisms and I'm sure we all wish it was a perfected "trust God and wait" mechanism. So I am thankful for God's mercy and His desire to know me.

And guess what??? I have two days with nothing planned all day!

3 comments:

Doni Brinkman said...

What you don't want to come to my house today LOL? Interesting insight on the need to stay occupied. Makes sense even though I am completely the opposite. Reading a book on letting Jesus be the center of you and boy do I feel desperate for some "centering" some days. Feel for you sister. Love you.

Time for Treasures said...

Nice to know that I am not the only one like that, except I am like that all of the time and not just when I am stressed. I really pray for "contentment". I will pray the same for you.

Aimee said...

Good for you for confessing this, I know it's hard to admit things about yourself publicly!!! Just know, that I think you are absolutely amazing and I always wonder how you do half the things you do. I am like Doni too, I tend to hide and not go out when things are crazy. Guess we all have our way of dealing with things:). But we will all be perfect when we get to heaven!