...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, June 9, 2008

Cataloging - Just a great family night..

Tonight was a night without TV and it was so relaxing! We stayed outside until dark, cleaning up after the party. The kids played, I picked squash, tomatoes and green beans out of my garden (!!!!), and then we had dinner together. Braxtyn prayed for the first time, and of course the boys got in trouble for not eating there dinner (picky eaters), we cleaned up and Braxtyn asked Daniel to sing "Yes, Lord" her favorite song. So, Daniel got out the guitar and we sang and jumped around to music. It was silly, and so great to see them know the words and hand motions to all of them, even Braxtyn! Noah and I read a book, while Graham played army men and Braxtyn took a bath and crawled all over us trying to get more attention. It was so nice to have a night without distractions and just close family time. I wish all nights could be so pleasant and well behaved kids:)...but I'll hang on to this one!

Graham after the fan hit him in the head: It hurts! Is it (his head) gonna crack?

Braxtyn prayed for the first time tonight: Dear Jesus..Amen! then added the signs, shook her fist for yes and then made an L shape for Lord! (we cheered and clapped, so she prayed about 5 more times)

Noah and I finished a 75 page book tonight, I read it to him and he just became engrossed in story and wanted more. I have been waiting to be able to read big books to my kids and share some of my favorites! it was the Magic Tree House #5 Night of the Ninjas ( a first time read for me)

1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

All except for the "cleaning up after the party" part sounded wonderful. :) Okay...not so much the garden part either but I'll sub in my own form of mommy down time there hee hee. Did you see Aimee's blog this morning? Noah may not be pleased. :)