...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Noah's Date

(homemade ice cream is so yummy)

No worries.. the date was with me! It was so nice to spend some quality time with just one of my beautiful children. I have a babysitter come about twice a month and this week was Noah's week. We went to the mall and walked around, bought Daniel a Father's Day gift and just hung out together. We bought candy at the candy store, small treats for Graham and Braxtyn and of course a kid's meal for lunch. He was smiling the whole time. We talked in the car with no interruptions and it was so nice to hear what goes on in his little head. Mostly, he tried to figure out how everything is made and how things work. Like how a car moves its wheels, how candy is made, what are cactus needles made of (steel or metal?) LOL!. He even noticed that the trees outside PV mall were the same trees in our backyard, he knew because the bark was the same. What a blessing for me to be able to just appreciate all the things that make up, Noah.



In two weeks its Graham's turn. He already has our food stops planned out! (My kinda kid)

2 comments:

Aimee said...

That is a great idea Brooke, you are such a wonderful mommy. And Noah is simply adorable and so intelligent. I love how his mind works and enjoyed his theology lesson too!

jolleyzoo said...

Keep these mini dates up. I have been doing this with my kids forever and they are well worth it.
Great bonding time!