...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cataloging - a not so great family night

Well I have to catalog both right? Just to be fair and paint a better picture of reality:)
Dinner was a loud disaster with lots of stuff on the floor, half the kids not liking what I made and all of them telling the loudest knock knock jokes, oh and no one wanted to pray:). After dinner we had Braxtyn spread the worst possible substance all over her room, Noah fell off his scooter and scraped most the skin off the top of his foot (ok I'm exaggerating a little about the foot). It was bad though. Then Braxtyn sprayed one of the cleaners into Noah's eyes and while I was flushing it out of his eyes, she sprayed it on the couch. Where was Daniel, you ask? Outside with the carpet cleaner getting stains out of Braxtyn's rug. Graham remained unscathed most the night, he is pretty good at staying out of chaos' way. And to end the night Noah rolled his eyes at me for the first time. Yikes, I've been dreading that! Needless to say, I am worn out and ready for all members of my family to go to bed! Not complaining, I just thought it would be funny to read this later.

2 comments:

jolleyzoo said...

I love every word of this post. Not to worry, your family is like every ohter family I know. The good, bad and ugly, it's so much fun. I am so glad you are REAL! I know alot of blogs I read lay out the perfect family act....come on' get real people. I have six of my own and if we ever make it through one day where someone is not yelling or fighting or messing something up, I will have ALL of my kids checked from head to toe by the best doctor I can find.
The best thing about all of the tence moments is, waking up to a new day!!!
Stay strong...they can gain up on us quick!

Doni Brinkman said...

Laughing only because it isn't happening to me hee hee!