...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Monday, October 4, 2010

A better day..kind of

Today was going to be a fresh start with school and getting my room unpacked. I needed Aimee Z to come over and help me re-hang all my clothes!:) So after a long cry last night, I woke up feeling hopeful and ready to begin again. And it was a nice morning until Noah showed me his arm...yep, you know Noah! He was stung by something unknown and after about two days of cream and Benedryl the red swelling was hot and traveling up half his arm. We had gone through this with him before the last time he got stung by a bee. We carry an epi-pen for him. He was acting fine but his arm was not getting better. Well because we don't have the health care switched over we had to visit the ER. Yes, it is a Zimmermann tradition to visit Er's all around the world. It was a long visit but nice Dr's and nurses. I was worried about prescriptions because our health care does not cover prescriptions out of state and Noah needed antibiotics and steroids to bring relief. Thanks to Walmart, we only paid $8. I was so thrilled, it was a moment when I realized that God is capable of taking care of us no matter where we are. It was certainly a wake up call, that God can take something scary and give me peace about it. After an all day in the ER we decided to load the kids up and find a place to eat. We are exploring different places to see where our favorites might be. We ate at the Fish Camp. It was really good seafood and a great place for the kids. Everything is fried here so you can eat shrimp, clams, fish and oysters and they all pretty much taste the same! LOL! And they serve hush puppies and sweet tea like they serve tortilla chips and coke at home.:) The side dishes were funny too, tomatoes & okra, banana pudding, black eyed peas and turnip greens to name a few. The kids opted for french fries, at least that's the same! We saw dear eating on the side of the road on the way home, they were so cute. Our house is feeling more like home when we walk in the door. We are establishing routines and getting chores done. The kids like their rooms. I have a huge tub with jets, I have always wanted one of those! So today was a better day, even though it included a trip to the ER, but that felt like home too:)

Braxtyn funny:
Today she was Special agent dog, she had many powers. She was promising Graham she would teach him to fly and he was complaining because she had taken away his flying lessons as punishment for him being mean. He was taking this very seriously and was quite hurt.
Graham: Braxtyn are you going to teach me to fly?
Braxtyn: Yes, I'm a pilot so I know how
Daniel: Are there some things we should know about flying?
Braxtyn: Yes, always wear your seat belt.
Daniel: Oh that's good. Anything else?
Braxtyn: Yes, we have coke, sprite, Dr. Pepper, peanuts and pretzels.

She had the whole list down, it was very funny and she was very matter of fact about her pilot and I guess stewardess skills as Special agent dog:)

4 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

I'm glad Noah is ok and that you had a better day today. :)

jolleyzoo said...

"God is capable of taking care of us no matter where we are."...always something to be reminded.
Sorry to hear about the long ER visit, but glad your tummys made up for it. Seafood is the BEST!!
So jealous of the jet bath.
Hang in there!!

songgirl52 said...

Glad that yesterday was a better day. Isn't it amazing how God reminds us of his powerful presence in the scary, small, everyday situations. You feel all alone and suddenly you realize.....His arms have been around you the entire time!!!! :)

That is hilarious about Braxtyn, I can see her saying that. LOL

Here's to an even better day than yesterday.

Aimee said...

Oh that little Braxtyn is hilarious:). I'm so glad you had a better day. You guys and your trips to the ER....seriously?! I can see how that felt like home though, lol. Oh I wish I was there to help you hang up all your clothes:). And I would definitely be enjoying the restaurant adventures with you too. I love exploring new places to eat. Sweet tea & hush puppies....yummmmmm!!!!!