...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Farmer's market

A sunny day about 60 degrees with a breeze. Who could ask for more, right? Not me, I happily got out of bed ready for a visit to the farmer's market. yes, I scoped it out the second day we arrived! Wednesday from 8am-1pm. School must wait, life must break, I have an outing! My very own North Carolina outing, just for me. I left Cozy napping at home with Daniel, and the kids and I headed out, jackets in hand to find freshness! I found it, only made one little U-turn and there I was, under big tall trees, lots of sunshine and endless tents full of homemade wares of every kind. I walked slowly taking it in, oh how I missed bringing eggs and veggies to sell. But I just took the moment as another new experience. I of course hounded the many farmers who would chat with me about gardening in beach sand and how to grow big beautiful green things. We took our finds to the nearby swings and snacked on fresh peaches and homemade bread. It was a very good morning.


The afternoon that followed only dampened my high of the morning a little...I felt so sick today. I spent most of the time on the couch. Taught school from the couch, yelled from the couch, slept on the couch, I tried to make dinner from the couch, but Daniel needed some help. Later that night Wendy's frosty was the only thing that saved me...ahh.

1 comment:

mikeanddebbie said...

Yay for Farmer's Markets!! How was AWANA?