...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I know, I know..Pictures!

I took a bunch of pictures today and I will load them tomorrow! I have been wanting to clean up the empty boxes first.

Today was our first "normal day". We got up, started a chore list and did school. It was a rough start but everyone is falling into a pattern. After school I did more unpacking and actually decorated our bathrooms and finished some of the laundry that is taking over the laundry room. I also prayed for someone to help me with the laundry. :) When Daniel came home, we packed up the kids and went to the beach. (we live about 1 1/2 blocks from the inter coastal, which is like a calm ocean river where boats drive past and pull up nets full of fish and crab and shrimp), so we have to drive about 15 minutes to the actual beach where there are waves and sand...Anyways, we headed out and the beach is usually pretty empty so we had it to ourselves. It was about 70 degrees and breezy but the water was warm (it was warmer than I've ever felt the California water in the dead of summer). The kids jumped right in and body surfed for hours. We then headed back home and I made some fish tacos for Derek and Amy and family. And the best part, Amy ask me if I needed any help with the laundry? .... God still hears me! Yeah! And we folded about 4 loads while we visited. Funny how the small things matter to us and our heavenly father. One more box empty!.Yes, I packed 4 loads of unfolded laundry in a big box the night before we loaded the truck. I was tired and well, the wrinkles will fall out in time. Right? I am missing certain items, can't find the baggies, dish soap and some platters. Oh well, they will turn up I suppose. My pajamas, socks and sweats are still in a dresser in the basement, we aren't bringing up the four flights of stairs. So, I'm off to Walmart to by a set of plastic drawers, baggies and dish soap! Well that's the excitement in my world across the world. I'm headed to bed at 7:45 Arizona time:)
Much love, and thank you for the blog attention. It makes me feel like you all are near me:)

4 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! MISS YOU!

songgirl52 said...

While its different for all of you...it sounds as if you are having a BLAST. Can't wait for Pictures either! Stay strong and enjoy the little things...such as a friend helping with the beast known as laundry.

Doni Brinkman said...

Was wishing I would have asked you to pull out Braxytn's Boo costume before you left. Wouldn't that look good on Tori?

And oh the beach sounds WONDERFUL!

Jodi said...

Missing you like crazy!! As much as I hate folding laundry, I want to help you fold yours. It is amazing our Father answers in ways like that. It makes me feel so loved and know that he is listening and present in everything in my life. I love you, I miss you, and am praying for all of you!