...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Friday, October 8, 2010

Road Trip

Just a note the the wise. The wiser than me people...Do not under any circumstances take four children 8 and under across the country in a suburban. I'm only saying this becuase, I did and it was NOT FUN. We made it from coast to coast (almost, Arizona is not a coast but close enough) in 6 days. It took my husband 3 the first time he did it. We made it to New Mexico the first night. It was nice because Darin, Daniel's brother was working there and we had a nice dinner and visit. Our plan was to wake early every morning and finish up so the kids could could swim at the hotel or something. Ah no, that never happened. We had time changes and tired kids that didn't want to wake up. So we traveled into the fussy time of night and barely made it through dinner without a strangling or two. Our second night was nice, however, we stopped early in Sayer, OK. I have family there. My cousin is married to a rancher and stock contractor for the PBR, so as you can imagine we had a blast touring their ranch and the kids got to play and run. Then my aunt made us more dinner than anyone can eat! The rest of the trip was just driving, driving, driving. Insanity sets in at some point. We tried a pool at a hotel and they loved it, but came back with chlorine red eyes and slept until 9:30am so we missed our free breakfast:). We then had to push it to Tennessee, it was gorgeous! So we added another day to our trip to explore Pigeon Forge and the Smokey mountains. That was definitely a highlight. The kids did really well for that type of trip and we did find some fun adventures along the way. But if you asked me to do it again, I would have to decline. Next time we are flying! I don't have any pictures becuase my camera got packed in the moving truck along with a whole basket of Arizona things, like library books:) I actually have to mail them to Doni and have her return them for me. Packing day was a whirlwind.