...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Suchawee goes East...

Oh how do I sum up the last few months? It is hard to do so I won't really try, this may take a few postings. There has been so much to this new life we are entering into...let me see. Most of which I'm not at liberty to discuss, so let me put in my disclaimer so I won't have to explain it in court later. Anyways, when oppression takes you over and there seems to be no way out...there somehow is way and for us, out was the way. For right now, we live in Phoenix and are commuting to North Carolina. Serious commute! Jobs seem abundant for Daniel here, not completely solid yet, but many prospects and a strong leading to head East. We will be back to finish things in Arizona, we don't have a choice in that matter, so that is why we are commuting. Once we are free, we will most likely stay here for a time. It is still unknown how long, so we are just renting.

OK, on to the heart of it...
We have been scared, excited, sad and scared most of the time. Did I mention this has been truly scary? To begin with, the loss of our lives in Arizona is what I grieve for deeply and tonight it makes me angry. I feel cheated and lonely.

I like the ocean, its a nice walk to the water near the house. We are still unpacking. I'm looking forward to exploring the island and the downtown area . The girls are adjusting fine, the boys are having a harder time. They went out on the canoe tonight and saw crabs and shrimp and a raccoon swimming across the water. Cozy and I went for a walk to the dock and watched the birds fly over, it was very peaceful.

I really miss feeding my animals in the mornings and working in the garden. I had to buy eggs at the store today for the first time in like two years. There is a farmer's market on Wednesday we are going to check out. Nothing really exciting yet, I'm sure things will get easier as we try on this new life, it just fits weird right now.

7 comments:

jolleyzoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jolleyzoo said...

Know that prayers are being sent in every direction for you and your family and that peace is being wished. Your family is loved.
Wow, Brooke there is just no words.

Trish said...

I am praying for you.

Aimee said...

We miss you, we love you, we miss you, we love you, WE MISS YOU, WE LOVE YOU!!!!!! And, we are praying for you every day. I can't imagine how hard this transition is. Reading your post made my heart ache for you. I love you!

songgirl52 said...

Brooke, our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Moving is always tough, but this situation is brutal. Wishing you nothing but the best and I know that God has a plan for you, that his plan may require a little bit of suffering now but ultimately it will make way for tremendous blessings. Can't wait to see some pics of everyone.
Love, Heather

mikeanddebbie said...

Praying for all of you, daily! You are always in our thoughts and we miss you!!!!

Amy said...

Oh Brooke, I sooo know how you feel. But don't worry, the "weird fit" will feel more normal before you know it! Praying for you all!!!!