...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Thursday, December 13, 2007

New York New York!


Its almost time! Daniel and I leave for New York on Sunday, December 16th! I am actually feeling a little anxious about leaving the kids for 5 days, its so hard to be away from them. However, I can't believe we are actually getting to do this trip, its been a lifelong dream for me to go there. We are staying at the Waldorf Astoria in downtown Manhattan, we are seeing the statue of liberty, all the tourist attractions we can fit into three days and on our last night there (my birthday), we are seeing Phantom of the Opera!!! I am not usually a trip planner. I find a destination, get on a plane without a plan, except to enjoy whatever comes my way:). This trip has been a little different for me however, Daniel and I have so many things we want to see that I'm actually putting together a book on printed out destinations and tourist attractions! This is a big step for me! I even purchased all my show and tour tickets weeks ago...what have I become! Well I don't think I've really changed, I just think this type of trip into the Big Apple requires a little research. Ok, I have to admit, although I feel very prepared, the rush and anticipation of having no plan is kinda missing, but I do believe New York will make up for that. My sister and Bff are probably rolling there eyes right now:) See you do rub off on me sometimes:)

So as I sit here with my NY City guide and various restaurant print outs (yes, so I can make reservations) I am giddy with excitement, hoping I will re-live scenes from Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail and Serendipity. Except, I'm going there with the Love of my life, not in search of him.

If you see my kids next week please tell them I miss them and will see them soon!


New York, here we come!

4 comments:

Time for Treasures said...

I am sooooo jealous! That is one of my dream vacations too, that and Paris. Have an awesome time! Can't wait to hear all about it. - Stephanie W.

Aimee said...

I am soooo excited for you Brooke, you guys are going to have an absolute blast!!!! Enjoy your romantic getaway:)

Ray and Janell said...

only do the empire state building if it is totally bright and sunny outside. it's worth the wait in line to see the city from that view. you are gonna love the big apple!

Doni Brinkman said...

I am laughing! :) I am also quite worried about you right now considering the winter storm in the east! I hope you stay warm enough to enjoy your trip!!!!