...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Ruth 1:16 This is the journey of our lives...

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

October 12, 2007 - The Devil's Kiss


Tonight Noah and I were discussing Rob and Kat's upcoming wedding. He has been very interested in the whole event and began his usual line of questioning, what we wear, what we eat, when it is, who's going to be there, but tonight he began asking me about the kiss. To back up a little, when he was very little he was watch Shrek, and turned to me and kissed me long and hard on the mouth. I looked at his serious little face and asked what that was about. He replied he was kissing me like Shrek and Fiona. I told him that only married people kiss like that and he was happy with that answer and hasn't tried any long kisses since then; at least I hope:). Anyways, since then he has made mention when he sees that type of affection that they are marrying each other. i have yet to correct him , hoping he'll hang on the that sentiment until he's 30, oh well. ... So today in the car he ask me if Rob was going to kiss Kat for a long time. and if he just put his lips on hers and left them there and that was a marriage kiss. I told him most marriage kisses are long and yes, you just put your lips on the other persons. But it was just for married people, Can't blame me right?? So he says, "Other long kisses are a devil's kiss, right mom?". me: WHAT!, Who told you that?Noah: No one. I just did.Me: What is a devil's kiss?Noah: One thats too long.Me: Too long?Noah: Yep. I laugh and wonder what in the world he is referring too. I then think to use this to my advantage. I'm also wondering where the devil came into this. Its not like we talk about the devil much at home. ...Maybe Adam and Eve...Thinking , thinking...Me: Well Noah, yes, your right a kiss that's too long is not a good idea, especially for you!I was worn out and sweating after that one. Isn't this a little early for all this????Thanks a lot Rob and Kat!

1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

Enjoy any kiss you get sister. I am having to chase a certain 6 year old around the house and downright tackle him to get one most days:).